- The Hubbard HCR system is a true temperature control system , with cooling and heating as standard for conditioning of beer and wine cellars.
- The equipment comprises of a slim low noise emitting condenser which can be mounted vertically or horizontally, a housed compressor – receiver unit and an evaporator for placement in the cellar which can be ceiling or wall mounted.
- The HCR system are offered in varying capacities varyng from 3.6kW to 19.8kW on R407C refrigerant.
- Systems in single phase achieve 7.7kW, above this three-phase units achieve up to 19.8 kW
- Twin evaporator configuration options are available for the Hubbard HCR system where the adequate air distribution is not achievable with a single evaporator. The twin installation utilises a ‘Master’ evaporator equipped with temperature control and a ‘slave’ section connected through a 5 core cable for power/control transfer.
Twin Evaporator Option
The compressor receiver unit section
• System isolator
• Fuse protection
• Scroll compressor
• Crankcase heater
• Compressor contactor with overcurrent protection
• Liquid receiver with service valve and pressure relief valve
• Refrigerant drier and sight-glass
• HP/LP dual pressure switch
• Fan speed controller
The Evaporator section
• Temperature controller with digital display
• Fused component protection
• Thermostatic expansion valve
• Air heater with over heat protection
• Liquid line solenoid valve for pump-down operation
The Remote Condenser section
• Low noise and low energy operation fans
• High efficiency fan shrouds to eliminate air back flow and reduce noise
• Painted, corrosion resistant galvanized steel cabinet construction
• Compressor receiver wall brackets
• Evaporator wall brackets
• Condenser wall brackets
• Acoustic option for compressor receiver section
• Oil separator for pipe-runs where return of oil to compressor may be hampered
The Hubbard HCR system is a true temperature control system, with cooling and heating fitted as standard for conditioning of beer and wine in cellars. The equipment comprises of a slim low noise emitting external condenser, which can be mounted horizontally or vertically, a fully housed compressor receiver unit and a matched evaporator for placement within the cellar, which can be ceiling or wall mounted.
Hubbard HCR cellar cooling systems are offered in varying capacities from 3.6 kW to 19.8 kW for operation on R407C refrigerant. Systems are available in single phase up to a nominal 7.7 kW utilising R407C, and above this larger systems revert to three-phase operation.
Options for twin evaporator configurations are available for seven models within the range for installation where adequate air distribution is not achievable with a single evaporator system. These ensure that the cellar space has an even temperature throughout for optimum temperature control. The twin installation utilises a ‘Master’ evaporator equipped with the temperature controller and a ‘Slave’ section, which requires a 5 core interconnecting cable for power/control transfer. For twin cellar area operation refer to Hubbard Technical.
The Hubbard HCR unit is designed for external or internal placement and is finished in a light grey Plastisol ‘self healing’ smart steel for long service, it can be floor or wall mounted with the optional wall mounting kit. Its slim design makes it ideal for situations where space is limited and this also reduces the visual impact of the installation. The access panels are easily removable for service of the main components which include a Scroll (R407C) compressor, liquid receiver, filter drier and sight-glass, HP/LP dual pressure adjustable safety/control switch, fan speed controller, compressor starter gear and incoming supply isolator.
The Hubbard HCR evaporator consists of a white metalcased enclosure, which can be ceiling mounted as standard or wall mounted with the optional wall mounting bracket kit. They are supplied readily assembled with a thermostatic expansion valve, electric air heater (with overheat protection) and the Electronic temperature controller which operates the solenoid coil for pump-down operation. The pump-down control system negates the need for interconnecting cables between evaporator and condensing unit.
The remote air cooled condenser can be either floor mounted with horizontal or vertical airflow (utilising brackets provided) or wall mounted with the optional wall mounting kit. The fans are all 230V/50Hz/1 Phase 6-10 pole low noise versions.
At the heart of the Hubbard HCR range is the electronic controller, which offers true conditioning of the cellar utilising the heating and cooling provided to maintain a pre-set temperature. The temperature range can be set between 7°C and 14°C and the controller can indicate either in Centigrade or Fahrenheit. The controller is simple to use, yet incorporates many safety features including compressor anti-cycle protection for increased compressor life expectancy, making this an excellent choice for installation where longevity is important. Fitted within the evaporator and combined with the set point range the controller is both tamperproof and resilient against too low a set point reducing unnecessary service call outs.