Environmental Policy Statement
This Environmental Policy and its associated procedures apply to all activities of the Company, wherever they are carried out, and these are to be followed by all employees as well as any nominated parties working on the Company’s behalf.
This Environmental Policy is also communicated to customers & suppliers and is available to the public via the Company’s web site – www.hubbardproducts.com
Hubbard Products Ltd is a long-established designer and manufacturer of refrigeration equipment for the transport and commercial refrigeration sectors and is part of a Global business committed to the principles of environmentally friendly and sustainable processes.
Hubbard Products Ltd is aware that its activities affect the environment in diverse and manifold ways and of the necessity to improve the environment by use of effective environmental management systems to control the impact of its products and services and strives to achieve this by the setting of corporate and local objectives for the continual improvement of its environmental performance.
Hubbard Products Ltd endeavours to ensure that its activities comply fully with all relevant UK and EU environmental legislation, the requirements of ISO 14001:2015 and accepted best practice.
To deliver this Hubbard Products Ltd will:
- Endeavour to ensure that its activities are safe for its employees, customers, sub-contractors, neighbours and others associated with its business.
- Endeavour to maintain current and reliable information on the environmental impact of the products and services it supplies and make this available on demand to enable its customers and other interested parties, where appropriate, to make informed choices.
- Understand the sensitivities of its customers, including the pressures of growing and changing statutory and public concern about environmental issues and assist them in complying with and delivering environmental best practice.
- Identify opportunities to reduce any environmental impact of its activities at an early stage and implement these changes where appropriate.
- Communicate its environmental performance within the Company, to its customers and where appropriate to the external community.
- Raise staff awareness of environmental issues and promote individual good practice.
- Require its suppliers to provide goods and services with the minimum adverse environmental impact and give preference to environmentally aware suppliers whenever possible.
- Endeavour to ensure that it purchases goods and materials that comply fully with UK and EU legislation and recognised environmental best practice.
- Audit and undertake six monthly reviews of the effectiveness of this Environmental Policy and its associated procedures, measurement methods, objectives and targets and the progress towards meeting those objectives and targets.
- Strive to develop products and production processes that lessen the Company’s environmental impact and to integrate environmental considerations into all future Policy decisions.
- Make efficient and environmentally responsible use of energy, water and other natural resources.
- Endeavour to reduce overall energy consumption.
- Take all reasonable steps to prevent pollution of both its local and wider environments.
- Employ sound waste management practices and maximise the recycling of waste products.
- Develop and maintain emergency procedures to deal effectively with any significant environmental hazards that may arise as a result of its activities.
- The use of refrigerants forms a significant environmental responsibility with all efforts taken to comply with the latest legislation.
- Hubbard is committed to monitoring and reducing its carbon footprint in the future. As of Dec 2016 our Carbon Footprint is 713 tCO2e.
Click here to download a copy of Hubbard Products Environmental Policy